Who Submits Data?
All Internet Service Providers (ISPs) are encouraged to submit data in the Colorado Broadband Data Collection. ISPs that participate or intend to participate in any State of Colorado broadband grant programs are required to submit data. Please fill out the Point of Contact form if you would like to be included in our biannual data collection outreach:
Data collection now occurs once per year. Generally, data as of December 31 will be due no later than the following spring.
2024 Data Collection:
We will begin collecting data depicting broadband service availability as of December 31, 2023 in the spring of 2024.
What to submit?
Broadband Availability Data
Data Current as of 12/31/2023 will be due in the spring of 2024
Please follow the BDC Availability Data Specifications to prepare all broadband availability data. We will accept the same data submission that ISPs prepare for the FCC BDC.
Note: The Broadband Serviceable Location Fabric (Fabric) Tier 2 User Class Agreement (UCS) allows Tier 2 Licensees to share the information they submit to the FCC Broadband Data Collection (BDC) with other Tier 2 Licensees. The Colorado Broadband Office is a Tier 2 Licensee. More information here.
Additional Broadband Availability Data
In addition to availability data for Broadband Serviceable Locations (BSLs), please submit availability data for the following:
- Non-BSLs: Locations that are not considered BSLs, such as community anchor institutions and enterprise locations
- Locations missing from the Fabric: Any location that is not in the Fabric which is a broadband serviceable location.
Pricing of Fixed Residential Broadband Service. Please use this template to submit pricing data for broadband services offered.
Fixed broadband availability data must be submitted in ONE of the following formats:
- Serviceable location list: list of locations served by the provider, in a tabular format or points representing the locations in GIS format
- Polygon of service area: a polygon representing the availability of the provider’s service in GIS format
Acceptable GIS formats include: ESRI Shapefile, ESRI FileGDB, GeoJSON, or Geopackage. See BDC Availability Data Specifications Section 6.2.2 (page 29) for GIS Data Standards.
Location list attributes:
The CBO requires the fields listed in BDC Availability Data Specifications Section 6.1. Locations may be identified by Location ID or Geographic Coordinates.
- Location ID: Unique identifier for the location in the Broadband Serviceable Location Fabric.
- Latitude and Longitude: Geographic coordinate latitude and longitude of the location in decimal degrees using WGS-84 coordinate reference system (minimum of 6 and a maximum of 7 decimal digits).
GIS Data Attributes:
The CBO requires the fields listed in BDC Availability Data Specifications Section 6.2 (page 25)
How to Submit Data
To submit data, send an email to oit_BroadbandData@state.co.us with the prepared data submission attached and include any supporting information. If the data files are too large to send by email, please contact us at oit_BroadbandData@state.co.us to discuss other data transfer options.
Want to receive updates and reminders?
- Fill out the Point of Contact form to be included in our biannual data collection outreach
- Sign up for the CBO Newsletter for updates and reminders