Who Submits Data?
All Internet Service Providers (ISPs) are encouraged to submit data in the Colorado Broadband Data Collection. ISPs that participate or intend to participate in any State of Colorado broadband grant programs are required to submit data.
Please fill out the Point of Contact form if you would like to be included in our biannual data collection outreach:
Data collection occurs twice per year. Generally, data as of June 30 will be due no later than the following September 1, and data as of December 31 will be due no later than the following March 1.
Fall 2022 data cycle:
Data depicting broadband service availability as of June 30, 2022 are due September 2, 2022.
What to submit?
Our data specifications are aligned with the FCC BDC Availability Data Specifications.
Each data submission must include information about the ISP and broadband availability data (including supporting data):
- Fixed wireline and satellite broadband service providers must submit either polygon shapefiles or a list of locations that constitute the service area of the provider.
- Fixed wireless broadband service providers must submit either propagation maps and propagation model details or a list of locations that constitute the service area of the provider.
- Mobile wireless broadband service providers must submit propagation maps and propagation model details for each network technology and for both outdoor stationary and in-vehicle mobile network coverage. In addition, mobile wireless broadband service providers must also submit signal strength heat map data.
Providers of fixed broadband service must report data on their service availability in one of two formats:
- a list of locations served by the provider, in a tabular format or points representing the locations in GIS format, or
- a polygon representing the availability of the provider’s service in GIS format
Acceptable GIS formats include: ESRI Shapefile, ESRI FileGDB, GeoJSON, or Geopackage. See BDC Availability Data Specifications Section 6.2.2 (page 29) for GIS Data Standards.
Location list attributes:
The CBO require the fields listed in BDC Availability Data Specifications Section 6.1 (page 21), and the following fields:
- latitude: Geographic coordinate latitude of the location in decimal degrees using WGS-84 coordinate reference system (minimum of 6 and a maximum of 7 decimal digits).
- longitude: Geographic coordinate longitude of the location in decimal degrees using WGS-84 coordinate reference system (minimum of 6 and a maximum of 7 decimal digits).
GIS Data Attributes:
The CBO require the fields listed in BDC Availability Data Specifications Section 6.2 (page 25)
Please check back soon for data templates!
How to Submit Data
To submit data, send an email to oit_BroadbandData@state.co.us with the prepared data submission attached and include any supporting information. If the data files are too large to send by email, please contact us at oit_BroadbandData@state.co.us to discuss other data transfer options.
Want to receive updates and reminders?
- Fill out the Point of Contact form to be included in our biannual data collection outreach
- Sign up for the CBO Newsletter for updates and reminders