The Department of Local Affair (DOLA) supports the efforts of local governments to improve broadband service to their constituents to achieve enhanced community and economic development. The program:
- Promotes inter-jurisdictional communication
- Supports better access to services available over Broadband, such as distance learning opportunities and telemedicine
- Provides planning and middle mile infrastructure grants
For more information, contact Greg Winkler, firstname.lastname@example.org, 970.668.6160.
How to apply:
Grants for broadband planning and infrastructure is applied for, managed and reported through the Energy/Mineral Impact Assistance Fund (EIAF)
- Tier I (up to $200,000) and Tier II ($200,001 to $600,000) applications accepted
- Application period: August 2, 2021 - September 3, 2021
- Final awards: December 2021
- Tier I (up to $200,000) accepted, Tier II applications will depend on available funding
- Application period: February 1, 2022 - March 4, 2022
- Final awards: May 2022
Please contact your DOLA Regional Manager for additional information and instructions.