Fund Owner: U.S. Department of Agriculture
The USDA ReConnect program provides grants, loans and grant/loan combinations to provide funds for construction, improvement or acquisition of facilities and equipment needed to provide broadband service in eligible rural areas. Since its establishment under the 2018 Appropriations Act, the program has implemented two funding cycles by issuing Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOAs). USDA has indicated there will be approximately $1 billion in the third round FOA to be released, late summer 2021. It is anticipated that a Notice of Funds Opportunity will be released late summer, incorporating suggested program improvements filed by interested parties through the comment cycle which closed in April.
June 25, 2021: The USDA, FCC and NTIA announced an interagency agreement to coordinate broadband funding deployment and distribution of federal funds, in accordance with the Broadband Interagency Coordination Act passed by Congress.
Look for round three Notice of Funding Opportunity Announcement in late summer, followed by an application window in the fall of 2021.
- Limited Liability Companies (LLCs) or Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs)
- Cooperatives or mutual associations
- States, local governments, or any agency, subdivision, instrumentality, or political subdivision thereof
- A territory or possession of the United States
- An Indian tribe (as defined in section 4 of the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act (25 U.S.C. § 450b)).